Jenny at Down to Sew has nominated me for the Liebster Award! It’s a fun “award” passed from blogger to blogger as a way to network and acknowledge some of your favorite blogs. A receiving blog must have less than 200 followers. Thanks, Jenny!
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.
Jenny’s Questions to Me:
1. What is your favorite healthy snack? Hmmm, nuts? I love peanuts, almonds, pecans, cashews. Okay, some of those aren’t AS healthy, but still.
2. What is your least favorite thing about blogging? The time necessary to blog ‘intentionally’. I started blogging to document my quilting and sewing projects. But I want a blog worth reading, so I think about the blogs I like and what I like about them. Blogging with some consistency, working to improve photos, and improving content take more thought and time than just throwing something on a page and moving on. I really admire bloggers who do it well.
3. What was your first sewing project? The first I remember is when I was in elementary school. I made a blouse from a Vogue pattern. It was sort of boxy, with short sleeves and a collar. I can remember going into the kitchen asking mom some technical question about putting it together. Funny that I remember that so well. I did love that blouse. I was sewing before that, but I know that was my first pattern.
4. Do you organize your fabric, and how? Sort of. (What a mess!) I have my fat quarters and some half yards divided by color in wooden shoe bins…you know, the ones that are four by three cubbies? They are awesome for storing fat quarters. I have two and want another. I also have some larger yardage stored in clear plastic bins so I can see them.
5. Do you play a musical instrument? I played clarinet in school, and took piano lessons for a few years. I love music.
6. Name a song that you never get sick of hearing. What a Wonderful World, by Louis Armstrong!
7. What is your worst sewing injury? I read that Maureen Cracknell sewed into her finger, then a few weeks later Alyssa Lyncher did the same thing. While I commiserated with them, in the back of my mind I wondered how they managed to do that. And of course a few weeks later, I hit my finger! Not as bad as it could have, but not fun. My worst might have actually been an iron burn though.
8. Paper, plastic, or bring your own (most likely handmade) bags to the grocery store? I’ve tried to bring my own fabric bags and always end up forgetting them in the car! I usually get plastic, but I do wonder about how green they are. I think they’re supposed to be preferred over paper, and I really don’t get that. Seems paper would break down quicker.
9. What is the oldest thing in your fridge right now? Jar of pickles probably.
10. Favorite kind of pie. Pecan Pie…but I want my own recipe. I cut the sugar in half.
11. Do you paint your nails? Rarely. I actually go through stages of mani/pedi’s. It’s usually in the summer…barefoot season. :-)
Eleven Random Things About Me:
1. I love the Harry Potter series…books and movies. I want to know what’s happening with Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermoine following the defeat of Voldemort. I miss them!
2. I have always enjoyed going to the movies and think nothing of going by myself…which some people consider weird.
3. Mom says I was always reading something…She would make fun of me reading the cereal box or soup can while eating, just because it was on the table.
4. I hate cleaning and will find any excuse to avoid it.
5. I’ve sewn for more than thirty years, but only started quilting in the last two.
6. I finished my college degree in business administration at 50 years old.
7. I had a 1970 Mustang in high school and still do a double take when I see vintage Mustangs.
8. I’ve only been out of the USA once. I went to Prien Germany a couple years ago.
9. My brother was an avid hunter and fisherman. I’ve eaten almost any game you can mention. I’ve even had fried rattlesnake thanks to my husband, also an avid hunter.
10. I really don’t like social events where there is a room full of people. I’m always looking for an excuse to miss parties, showers, weddings and the like. They just make me nervous. weird.
11. And the best for last…I am blessed with the most awesome family. Not perfect, but perfectly lovely. I have a husband the makes me so crazy I sometimes want to snatch his head off and I know he would do anything for me. He is awesome in all the ways that matter. I have three girls who are crazy about each other. I just love that about them. And now I have an awesome son-in-law and a perfect and precious grandson. No seriously, he is perfect. You should see him.
Now for the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your favorite book? or movie?
2. Cake or pie?
3. What sewing project was your all time favorite?
4. Do you have a favorite fabric manufacturer? (Moda, Free Spirit, etc)
5. Who is your favorite fabric designer?
6. Name a song that you never get sick of hearing.
7. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
8. What brings you peace?
9. What makes you laugh?
10. Have you tried hand quilting, paper piecing, or embroidery?
11. How many bees, guilds, or other sewing groups do you belong?
And my nominees are: