The Modern Quilt Guild is having a QuiltCon linky party for those of us lucky enough to be going. I will be driving to Austin with a guild buddy, Marty, of Marty’s Fiber Musings. We both are members of the Northeast Louisiana Modern Quilt Guild, otherwise known as NELA MQG, and I have really enjoyed getting to know her.
This linky party is a fun idea. There are so many blogging friends I would love to meet. It will be great to put a face to a name.
Now for five things you don’t know about me …. hmmm.
1) I can count the number of “Best Friends” I’ve had since high school on one hand … and they have ALL moved out of state!
2) I have sewn most of my life and I can’t really remember actually learning. Mom sewed, knitted, embroidered, painted and everything else I can think of at one time or another and I picked up a lot from just watching her and being around her. She quilted in her later years and I never picked it up. It was only a couple years ago that I started following some of the ‘modern’ quilt blogs and found a new obsession.
3) I hate parties and purely social situations. Tell me I have to speak to a room full of people or have a business function and I’m fine. But tell me I have a get together that’s purely social and I start thinking of excuses. Its a little crazy.
4) I finished a business degree at 50! Sometimes I feel it was a waste of time, but I’m still glad I got it done. I love that my three girls have gotten or are getting their degrees while they’re young.
5) I recently read a post by a self proclaimed autodidact and I had to look the word up. It is someone who educates through self study. Leonard da Vinci and Ernest Hemingway are two people listed as autodidacts. Not that I’m a da Vinci or a Hemingway, but I loved the word because I relate. I’m always getting immersed in new hobbies and/or researching a new interest. Online learning (Lynda.com is AWESOME!), magazines, books, blogs and so many learning opportunities.
Hopefully I haven’t bored you to death! I’m looking forward to QuiltCon and to the workshops I’ve signed up for….so fun!! Hope to see you there!