It’s been a while since my last post. I would love to find an easier way to post! When inserting photos everything goes all over the place and the published version is rarely what I expect based on what I’ve entered. I actually started a post on the Union Jack you see above right a week or so ago. I wasted an hour or more creating the post and getting photos placed where I wanted and in previewing to post and editing, I lost it all. Very frustrating.
I’ve played with a couple blog writing software such as MarsEdit and MacJournal, but not completely sold yet. C’est la vie.
I have finally finished the top of the t-shirt quilt I’ve been promising my middle daughter…since LAST Christmas! I feel it still needs something on the top and bottom. Thinking about creating some thin stripes for three to five inches. Just enough to even the ends and create a little interest…or tie it all together…not sure which.
How do you like my quilt labels? (top right photo) Jaybirdquilts did a post a little while back on creating quilt labels from Spoonflower.com. I’ve finally gotten around to trying it and it was so easy!! Don’t you love the antique snips? Those are from GraphicsFairy.com who constantly provide some awesome and unique graphics. There must be thousands of graphics available on her site. As a matter of fact, some of the graphics in the header of this blog is also from Graphics Fairy.
The turnaround time between ordering and actually receiving my labels may have been around two weeks. Considering this is a custom print (which is what they do after all), I was surprised how quick they were. Since I haven’t ordered from them before and wasn’t sure how these would turn out, I only ordered a fat quarter (Yes! The allow you to do that! How great is that?). My labels were 4 x 6 and I got 15 labels.
And the third photo is of my first Union Jack! 😀 I’ve been wanted to make one. I’ve done this as part of a Tula Pink sew along hosted by Sew Sweetness, and a Union Jack sew along hosted by Lily’s Quilts.
Still have two flags to go and trying to choose between my Tula Pink fabric. So many pretties! I don’t feel like my points are lining up properly in the corners, but I’ve ripped and re-sewn enough on this baby! It’s staying as is.
Other than that, I’m working with two other quilters to start a modern quilt guild in the north Louisiana area. It’s going to be interesting. I get blank looks when I mention modern quilting. Even the store owners are only just becoming aware. Wish us luck.
Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear from you, so feel free to comment.
2 thoughts on “Works in progress …”
After seeing your T-Shirt quilt, I am reminded that I started one ages ago….oh, well, that project will get brought back to the front burner one day. Love yours…or rather, Katie’s.
Thanks, Marty. They seem so simple, but can be a bit of a headache. Especially when you’re not cutting all tshirts the same size block. My baby daughter started a t-shirt quilt without interfacing! It’s all crazy pieced on top of that. It’s going to be a nightmare. I will definitely be trying the spray basting on that one. Good luck on your!