Inna and Leisa have completed The Little French Jacket Sew Along, but I’m still plugging away at my jacket. For personal reasons I put this jacket on hold for almost a month, but I have gone back to work on it this past week.
Last week was all about basting the lining to the jacket pieces and sleeves. Today, I pin basted, thread basted, then sewed the jacket seams together. I also used the selvage edge from silk organza to stabilize the neck and front edges and provide support for the buttons and buttonholes.
You can see here (hopefully), how marking the seam lines with thread comes together as the pieces are basted together. At the left you should see the thread marks come together and at right you should see where I have pin basted the pieces.
It’s difficult to see in these photos, but I’m much happier with the fit than I thought I would be. It appears to gape open here, but buttoned the jacket will be fitted and sits well. The arm holes at the shoulders may still be a bit wide, but I can check that when fitting the sleeves. Looking at the back photo makes me worried the back shoulder is too wide. I may have to take another look at that.
It’s starting to shape up and I hope to be very happy with it.
I really want to make a blouse out of the lining fabric. I found it at Mood and I just love it.
I hope you have a good week and are able to create something amazing.