Retro Flower QAL

So Retro Flowers is sort of finished.  I’ve tried not to over quilt it, and now have under quilted.  I need to go back and fill in some spots.  This is the fourth quilt I’ve machine quilted and two of those were baby quilts.  This one was right under 70″ square and I used polyester batting for the first time on this one.  For some reason it was pretty ungainly and hard to maneuver.  I’m sewing on a Bernina 820, so I have plenty of room to work with.  I used Mettler Metrozene thread, with a Supreme Glider and feed dogs down.

Before starting I sketched the quilt layout and what I was hoping to quilt.  My daughter wanted straight horizontal lines with intermittent circles much like an abacus.  I also used a sketch of hers of leggy flowers for the bottom and sides.  Let me say straight lines are much harder to sew on a machine than I thought it would be.  I would much rather work with a curvy pattern.  I think this would have been a really fun design to quilt on a long arm.  I would love the chance to try one.

Here is a close up of some of the flowers.  You can probably see some of those blank spaces I need to fill in.

I didn’t have enough white for the back, and I’m glad.  I really like the lime green on the back.  You may not be able to see the detail, but I think I like the quilting from the back.  I wasn’t sure I would.  Again, definitely need to fill in some.

Forgot the label again!!  I really want to get in the habit of sewing label into the back.  Oh well, next time.