One of the main reasons I began blogging was to document my sewing and quilting progress. I quickly forget things I have made once I give them away! As I look back at 2013, I realize I need to do a better job of organizing my final photos. So there’s one small resolution for 2014. I did manage to document quite a few of my sewing and quilting projects. My bragging board goes something like this….
These are a few of my quilt finishes. There are a few quilts missing. One resolution is to improve my documentation of finishes. I may have to create a separate ‘file folder’ for year end photos.
I can’t believe it’s been a month since the last post. Since then, I’ve attended QuiltCon and had a blast. I came back to a sewing room that needed to be put back together after installing my new Juki 8700H .. :-D! Then it was buying a new table and creating a false top to create a sewing table. It was a couple weeks before I could even get to the sewing machine. Withdrawal, anyone?!
So here are a few photos from the last few weeks:
I took two free motion quilting workshops with Angela Walters and sewed on a long arm for the first time. It would take me a while to get used to the way they move. Angela is a fun teacher and I love her attitude that allows mistakes and encourages, in her words, “just go for it.”
Lotta Jansdotter‘s block printing workshop was a lot of fun. She talked about her design process and the tools she uses when creating designs. It was so interesting. She was such a sweet person.
When I got home I started working on my sewing table. I had been sewing on folding tables topped with foam insulation to bring it flush with machine bed. My 820 is a little heavy for that setup. Picked up a $100 table at Ivan Smith Furniture and built a false table. Like it, but I already have some adjustments if I were to do it over. You can see below the table has a cut out where the machine sits. The machine had to be lifted 1/4″ to bring it flush. I also needed an extension off the table for my machine which is pretty long, so I used a 1/4″ piece of plywood and some 2×2’s to create that extension.
I think that’s enough for today. I actually have a photo of my haul from the QuiltCon vendors which include an awesome book called the Adventures of the Amazing Alphabet by Pam Holland. I ordered that one from Sewing Party and received two by accident. Sewing Party is allowing me to give the spare to a lucky reader. Stay tuned. That is coming next week.